. . .canned jellied cranberry sauce.
Your read that correctly . . . canned jellied cranberry sauce.
I never realized that members of my own family had such an emotional attachment to the canned cranberry sauce!
I never liked the stuff.
I do not understand why the canned cranberry sauce must be on the table.
In my opinion, it is just gross.
Thanks to my Mother-In-Law, she saved the day one Thanksgiving by bringing TWO cans!
I don’t buy the stuff let alone eat it.
I do, however, love the traditional homemade cranberry relish made with real fresh cranberries!
It was a quick simple recipe I could do with the kids when they were little.
And since then, it has been a tradition at our table as well as the canned-shaped cranberry sauce.
Here is the recipe for homemade cranberry sauce straight from the back of the bag of fresh cranberries:
- 1 12 ounce package of fresh cranberries
- 1 medium orange peeled, quartered and seeded
- 3/4 cup – 1 cup sugar
- In a food processor, add the fresh cranberries, peeled orange quarters and sugar.
- Blend until thoroughly mixed.
- Note: Make a day ahead so the flavors will meld together.